Jan 24, 2011

Homemade baby food: Pears

Making your own baby food sounds a little intimidating.   I've always wanted to be healthy and domestic, and my life is constantly evolving in these directions. I knew I wanted to try to make my own baby food.  However, I did not realize how easy it really can be. With the help of some websites like wholesomebabyfood.com and nurturebaby.com I am well on my way.  This recipe works for other soft fruits and vegetables such as bananas and avocados as well.

Homemade Baby Food: Pears

You need:
1 organic pear
blender  

Peel and cut the pear into small chunks.  Put the pear chunks and an ounce or two of nursery water into a blender or a Magic Bullet.
(I highly reccomend the Magic Bullet. It does the job quickly and easily, takes up a small amount of space, and you can put a lid on the same container you blend in and store it.) 



Next, blend to the desired consistency. You can also add more or less water to achieve the consistency your baby likes. Usually that would be very smooth until they are chewing. 

That's it! I can whip this up while the baby's sleeping or playing and have it ready to serve right away. You can also portion it out into ice cube trays and freeze. Once frozen, you can put them into baggies for easy thawing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive