Apr 4, 2011

Rosemary Focaccia Bread (The 'Fresh & Easy' Way)




One of my favorite places to shop for food is Fresh & Easy.  I am trying to eat healthy (clean, organic, fresh, natural, raw). Especially since my new responsibility of providing food for a growing baby. Check out http://kristensraw.com/blog/ for information on eating raw.  Whatever the new good-for-you trend is, I'm interested.  At Fresh & Easy they have many products already made or ready-to-make that have all natural ingredients with no preservatives.  This week I picked up a package of Rosemary Focaccia Dough.



I'm sure I could have just bought some focaccia bread, but touching the dough and baking it in the oven gives me some satisfaction as if I had made it from scratch.  I'm really not there yet when it comes to cooking/baking.  Trust me, I tried this recipe for homemade soft pretzels that I found at sugarlaws.com, and couldn't quite pull it off.  I'll let you know when I get it right. Looks so amazing!

On to the bread... I followed the directions on the package and drizzled it with olive oil (highly recommended).  It bakes at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes. 


I baked it for 10, took it out,  and topped it with shredded monterey jack cheese and spinach. Then I baked it for another 5 minutes.  It was perfectly crunchy on the edges and soft in the middle. This was so much faster and tastier than ordering pizza or even getting out a frozen one. I know...we do both. Any combination of vegetables would be great on this bread.  However, it can definitely stand alone as a side with dinner. 




What's your favorite pizza topping combination?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive