Sep 9, 2011

Semi-Homemade Pita Chips


I hate even using the word 'homemade' in this title, because I really didn't make these. I basically cut and toasted store-bought pita bread.  Those who know me know that's pretty domestic in my book.  I'm sure it's more cost-effective than buying pita chips, and I really prefer the taste.  They are lighter in crunch, and this really brings out the sweet wheat flavor of the pita. The salt adds the sweet/salty factor.  I love these with cheese and fruit for a light lunch.

Semi-Homemade Pita Chips

Need:
1 or 2 whole wheat pitas
olive oil
seasoning salt or sea salt



1. Heat the oven to 350 degrees.

2.  Open the pita and cut each half into triangles. (Don't look too closely at mine.)

3.  Sprinkle a cookie sheet with olive oil and toss the pita triangles in the oil.

4.  Sprinkle with salt.

4.  Bake for 10 min, or until pita is crunchy and slightly brown. (Watch closely - these burn easily!)

5.  Serve with fruit and cheese or your favorite dip.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive