I've come to accept the fact that I'm short. The annoying part is that I am always having to take my pants in to be hemmed. I finally sat down with my wonderful mom to have a lesson on doing it myself. Here are our tips:
1. Choose a thick thread. Obviously the color should match the seams already on the jeans.
2. Fold and pin the jeans under to where you want them. If you fold them under, it is easier to work with them inside out.
3. Measure the original seam and double it. Mark that measurement from the bottom of your fold.
4. Cut at your measurement all the way around.
5. Next, fold the new hem under to double it and pin.
6. Last, sew an even hem all the way around. * Take the pins out as you go. *Start and end your seam on the inside of the leg so that your double stitch doesn't show.
Beautiful! Thanks mom!