Mar 6, 2011

Chocolate Covered Pretzels




I really don't mean to have a chocolate theme going here.  I do have to admit that I am more of a chocolate lover lately. Maybe it's a postpartum thing. Speaking of pregnancy... Isn't it so fantastic when your best friend is expecting?  That's how I feel, so I was so excited to whip these up for her baby shower.  Ok, you can't just whip them up.  They're a little more time-consuming than I thought, but still fun and easy.  However, if you are not using a candy mold it's super fast and easy.




Chocolate Covered Pretzels

You need:
1 small bag White chocolate chips
1 small bag Milk chocolate chips
1 small bag Candy Melts
sprinkles
2 bags Pretzel rods
2 Candy molds
(makes 24)

With my candy mold, I decided to only use one color, so I melted the blue candy melts first in the microwave.  Melt them at half power for 1 minute.  Stir, then heat at 30 second intervals until melted. After a few trials, I found that a toothpick worked great to fill in the spaces with blue. (That's the time-consuming part.) When your done, you have to let it set for a while.  The fridge or freezer will help speed up the process. 



Next, I melted the chocolate in the microwave at half power for 1 minute, then at 30 second intervals until melted. I never knew it was this easy to melt chocolate! No double-boiler needed.  I spooned the chocolate into each mold and spread it out evenly.  The pretzel rod fits right into the mold, and with a turn is covered in chocolate.


The pretzels set up after about 45 minutes in the refrigerator, and I was pleasantly surprised at how easily they came out.  I just twisted the mold like an ice cube tray and they were free!

I had a small amount of chocolate left, so I just used a spoon to 'paint' it onto a few more pretzels and  added blue sprinkles.  This is what I would do for us at home, or for a party.
hmmm... What else can I cover in chocolate?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive